Field’s End – the Bainbridge Island Writer’s CommunitySeptember 17, 2010
Snapshot of Bainbridge Island Housing MarketSeptember 27, 2010
Is this Sunday’s Harvest Fair on your calendar? If no . . . maybe it should be. Sponsored by Friends of the Farm, this is a favorite fall event for our family. A terrific way to kick off fall and the weather this weekend is forecasted to be sunny and 70 degrees.
Sunday, September 26th
11am to 6pm
at the Johnson Farm on Bainbridge Island
Shuttle Service is available – for driving directions click here.
Some of the highlights of the day include:
- Bring your own apples and learn to make apple cider right in the fair orchard
- Meet our local farmers
- Enjoy yummy food with a focus on local – (I love the homemade marshmallows)
- Local master gardeners on hand for tips and advice
- Watch Elizabeth Resager in her famous sheep shearing demonstration (always mezmerizing)
- Check out the 4-H petting zoo
- Sample local beverages at the beer and wine garden
- Take a tractor or horse-drawn wagon ride
- Ride the land slide, young’uns only please
- Enter the biggest zucchini contest (enter by 3 pm)
- Enter the pie contest (enter by 1 pm)
- Pony rides
There is a donation entrance.