Below are some of my favorite homes that sold this year. I had the pleasure of touring all of them (some many more than once,) and they are all homes that stuck in my memory for one reason or another. If you have questions about any of these homes, just shoot me an e-mail.
10. This home on Bergman Rd off of Miller Rd. is the result of a quality remodel by the homeowners. With cool materials like bamboo floors with radiant heat and exposed beams, this bungalow built in the 1940’s got a modern makeover. The owners chose wisely with finishes that appeal to many buyers, resulting in a fast sale. Sold for $480,000 in August
9. This home is the vacation beach home I dream about having when I retire. Having gotten a crisp update from island designer/stager Kim McCall before going on the market, this home on Arrow Point Lp., makes you wonder how you’d get anything done if you lived there. With crisp white walls and loads of warm wood finishes, this home is more than amazing. Not to mention the massive deck. Sold for $1,320,000 in July
8. This is my favorite neighborhood home that sold in ’08. On North Town Lp. in classic North Town Woods, this home has it all for those wanting to live in a close-knit neighborhood. Backing to the shared open space, with a high end kitchen, & walking distance to schools, this home, built by Jerry Reese, is Craftsman perfection. Sold for $598,000 in November
7. This home on Packard in Eagle Harbor is my top choice for the home with the most potential. My husband and I looked at this home for a re-hab project, but went with a larger home. However, I often think of this home because of the almost acre it sits on with a nice harbor view.
Sold for $415,000 in July
6. This Green LEED Certified home on Valley Heights in Rolling Bay has all the bells and whistles for the eco-minded homeowner. I admire the home and the builder Rolling Bay Land Company for their innovative design and project. This home was a pioneer on the island, but I hope to see more like this in the years to come. Sold for $520,000 in November
5. With a beautiful garden and quaint front porch, this home on Fairmont Ln., off Koura Rd. spoke to me! I loved the cozy warmth and clever details in this home. The layout of the home makes good use of the 2126 square feet. Sold for $695,00 in August v>
4. This home on Eakin Dr. in Winslow illustrates the curb-appeal of timeless architecture. You’ve got to love that porch. In a small neighborhood, with neighborhood beach access and within walking distance to downtown, this home is charming and convenient for the island commuter. Sold for $894,000 in April
3. Built by Rick DaBarros in 2007, this home on Valley in the Rolling Bay neighborhood is loaded with fine details and functional spaces. Rick builds exceptional homes suitable for a Pottery Barn Catalog – and I always love his thoughtful floor plans. Sold for $930,000 in July
2. This home on the south end of the island on Island Ave. is beautiful and has stellar views of Mt. Rainier and Rich Passage. This is a stylish family home with views from almost every room & this home was a pre-fab home, assembled in pieces on site.
I never would have guessed. Sold for $1,315,000 in August
1. To me, this is perfection. On Rockaway Beach, this remodeled home, with a stunning Seattle view does not skip a beat in any corner. The home has high-end finishes, but does not cross the line to fancy or stuffy. A comfortable home in a most inspired setting.